Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Who's My Good Boy?


You came into my life 11 years ago. We used to cuddle together in the earlier morning hours, because you refused to sleep quietly in your enclosed area. You are loyal, loving and a protector. Not to mention an all out goof ball. You were always so strong and hardly ever complained. We shared so much together.

I am glad to call you my friend...more than my friend you are and always will be part of my family. Even as old age crept in you still remained my good boy. Everytime I came home you were there to greet me, sometime with your bowl in tow. You would sometimes howl as we left to go somewhere.

Now it is I who howls, as you have gone somewhere....somewhere I cannot be right now. Who's my good boy? You are Bubba and I miss you emensly. As I held and cuddled you in youth, I held and cuddled you in death.

'Til We Meet Again!

8 comments:

rachel said...

This makes me sad. Where is your good boy??? :(

Irish Family said...

With Heavenly Father

rachel said...

I'm SO sorry. That is so hard. I had pets growing up and losing them was the worst. I hope you're doing okay.
Love you.

Paula said...

I'm so sorry. :-( It's very hard to lose an animal you loved so much and had for so long.

Julee and Matt said...

BIG HUG to you from us!

rachel said...

Another one of my blogging friends just lost their family dog, too. Go to her blog to see her little tribute.

http://the-richins.blogspot.com/

Tim and Lisa said...

So sorry! My parents lost both of their dogs with in one year. I feel for you. Keep the memories forever.

theresa said...

I'm so sorry you guys. I know when we lost our cat we cried and cried, it is very very hard to lose a well-loved pet!