Thursday, March 27, 2008

Roller Skating for Charity

Tonight we decided to go and have fun while helping raise money for animals. They had a roller skating fund raiser for meds for Lane County Animal Shelter. Frank went with the girls and I got there as soon as I got off work. Zoe had done a bit learning already and showed me what she could do. It was so cute.

Then I got a crazy inkling to don a pair of skates myself. I don't think I have done that in over 15 years! Ah but what the heck, right? Boy was I rusty, but I never fell, thankfully. Ya know it's like riding a bike, you never forget. I tried to take Zoe around the rink once. With the way things were going I had to get her off or we were both giong down.

Lily had fun just looking around. She really enjoyed the "dog" on skates and wanted to see him. It was kind of ironic really, that she liked the dog so much considering that just Saturday she say Chuck E Cheese and freaked. All in all it was great, we'll have to do it again.