Friday, August 17, 2007

Birds and the Bees


8-16-07 So Zoe has been taking swim classes and she just started her 2nd session this week. She enjoys it alot and the kids in her class. So today (Wed) after swim class, just like every other time, I take her into the girls locker room to "shower" and change. I get her in the shower to wash her hair and we head across the room to an empty bench to get her dressed.

On the way over to the other side of the room she sees the little boy from her class, nekked (naked). As we are walking she says," Mom that's the boy from my swim class. What does that boy have?" Of course we all know what she is refering to.

I get her to the bench and gently explain that that is just what boys have. It's part of what makes a boy a boy. "Oh", she says. "Well can we go see it again?" (ahhh ) Oh my, can you believe she asked that?! Well as a 4 year old goes, and her being Zoe, yes of course I can. But I don't know who else might have heard.

Anyway, I tell her "No, we can not. It's not nice to look at other people that way and it's rude to stare." Oh my, don't think I was ready for that one. Guess I better start.

She is just too much!!

2 comments:

Julee and Matt said...

I just found your blog...YEAH!! Welcome to the blogging world, you will love it! Can't wait to hear more about the family. We miss you guys!

Unknown said...

Got to say! She a real cuttie. Just
keep an eye on this one. They do grow fast.
Love ya guys.